The Hear Foundation is the first and only nonprofit in Pittsburgh dedicated to collaborating with community leaders, Pittsburgh Police, residents and the City to create a safe, thriving community for all.
Learn about our current grant program, and how to apply
With the support of a diverse and dedicated group of leaders representing a cross-section of the community, including grassroots organizations, nonprofit directors, activists, CEOs, and public safety and mental health professionals, The Hear Foundation convenes programs that foster healing and break down barriers in the Pittsburgh community.
We bring together residents, police, community groups, and national experts to actively listen to and learn from one another, and to collaborate on strategies to save lives and make our communities safe. Grantmaking initiatives and programs funded by The Hear Foundation focus on the key issues of gun violence reduction, trauma, and workforce development.
Learn more about our community grantmaking programs, including our recent Summer of Healing initiative.
- The Hear Foundation Receives $20,00 McNulty Prize Catalyst Fund Award
- Forbes Names The Hear Foundation Co-founder Leon Ford to “30 Under 30” Class Of 2023
- Ten years after being shot by Pittsburgh police, The Hear Foundation Co-founder Leon Ford marks anniversary with donation of clothing worn that night to the Heinz History Center, discussion on trauma and resilience, announcement of new community grants
- ‘Summer of Healing’ Grant Supports Development of Student-led Safety Plan at Perry High School
- Healing Rivers Workshops at Center for Victims