The Hear Foundation is the first and only nonprofit in Pittsburgh dedicated to collaborating with community leaders, Pittsburgh Police, residents and the City to create a safe, thriving community for all.
With the support of a diverse and dedicated group of leaders representing a cross-section of the community, including grassroots organizations, nonprofit directors, activists, CEOs, and public safety and mental health professionals, The Hear Foundation convenes programs that foster healing and break down barriers in the Pittsburgh community.
We bring together residents, police, community groups, and national experts to actively listen to and learn from one another, and to collaborate on strategies to save lives and make our communities safe. Grantmaking initiatives and programs funded by The Hear Foundation focus on the key issues of gun violence reduction, trauma, and workforce development.
Learn more about our community grantmaking programs, including our recent Summer of Healing initiative.
- Media: Leon Ford and The Hear Foundation’s new president work with police to fight violent crime
- Leon Ford honored with the Anthem Community Impact Award
- The Hear Foundation Appoints Cynthia Haines President and CEO; Co-founder Leon Ford Named Director of External Affairs
- The Hear Foundation Presents $200,000 in Community Microgrants to Programs Building Peace, Safety through Positive Engagements between Residents, Children, Youth and Pittsburgh Police
- The Hear Foundation Receives $20,000 McNulty Prize Catalyst Fund Award
Join our mailing list to receive updates on the work of The Hear Foundation, including opportunities to participate in convenings and other activities.